1001 E. McCart St.
Krum, TX 76249
Church phone: 940-205-4080

About Krum 1st UMC

In 2006, the Krum United Methodist Church celebrated 130 years in service. The church was first organized in 1876 on the land that is now the present day Jackson cemetery. The purpose of the building was so the community could have a place for school and worship. There were ten to twelve charter members at the time. In 1891 the schoolhouse was moved to the new town of Krum, and the Methodists continued to use it until a new church was erected in 1901. That building was located near present day Hattie Dyer primary school. Services were conducted there until 1924 when the basement for the building was built. In 1934, the Sanctuary was added and then in 1975, the addition of the education wing completed the structure.

In 1995, Krum United Methodist Church purchased 10 acres on the east side of Krum at 1001 E. McCart between NorthStar Bank and the Blanche Dodd Intermediate School. In April 2009, we moved in to a new facility at this new location.  Here we dare to dream that we will continue to do the work of making disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.